The wedding may be the most coveted day in a woman’s life, but the honeymoon marks the start of a new life with their significant other. You have to choose the perfect location where both of you can have fun, pick the right travel service, and most importantly, pack appropriately for the destination and activities.
Start by choosing a travel destination. The location that is ideally comfortable for you and your spouse, bearing in mind factors such as allergens, availability of activities and events, promotes bonding between partners, etc. It is best to choose an efficient travel agent to take care of all the logistics, so you and your spouse can conquer the packing process optimally.
Once you have the destination and travel plans in place, it becomes easier to pack appropriately.
Here are a few rules and don’ts that you can follow while packing for your honeymoon:
- Begin the packing process with the essentials such as we have a passport, visa, tickets, and any necessary shots as for the requirements of your travel destination.
- Next, you’ll need to deal with the clothing. It is best to take into consideration the bottoms, i.e., trousers, slacks, Skirts, and accessorized bottoms before you choose the tops and dresses. Carry an abundance of underwear and alternative clothing to cover your bases well.
- Pack a limited number of shoes to keep your luggage on the lighter side. The idea is not to carry as many things as you can but to come back with better memories from maybe even some souvenirs to commemorate your honeymoon.
- Divide your packing tasks between you and your partner. If you’re packing separately, carry the essentials but leave a little wiggle room in case something doesn’t work out according to plan. You can carry around a set of walking shoes, a pair of evening shoes, and a pair of comfortable shoes with maybe some flip flops or sandals to help minimize the time you take to pack.
- A very important part of packing for your honeymoon is to ensure that you do not carry any unsuitable clothes or items for the destination. Research the location and any direct laws about the area to identify any items that may be construed as offensive or inappropriate. For instance, some places do not permit wearing bikinis whereas others have rules against chewing gum.
- Segregate your clothes, accessories, toiletries, etc. Landing at your honeymoon location with soiled clothing is not going to result in a very sweet honeymoon.
A divide and conquer strategy to tackle packing for your honeymoon will help not only minimize the weight that you have to lug around but also keep you from waiting till the last hour to address the task.
If you are feeling whimsical, you can always colour coordinate your clothes with your spouse or your destination. You don’t necessarily need to dress the part on your honeymoon but pack such that you have a lot of fun.