With the consciousness about health increasing day by day, many people have now started avoiding sugar. Sadly, sugar causes many health defects and with greater awareness, a large number of people have reduced their sugar consumption. However, desserts remain the favorite meal of many and so it is a great pity that people have to give up sugar. But as they say, when there is a will, there is a way! You can indeed have desserts, but you just need to make them the proper way and we are here to help you. Take a look at the list of these irresistible desserts that are made without sugar and get your sweet fix instantly!
- Date pudding – The word, “pudding” puts a smile on any dessert lover’s face, but the amount of sugar used to make pudding is extremely off-putting. However, you can try making a date pudding and enjoy this classic dessert without any guilt. Use lots of dates, which are naturally sweet, and add a dash of honey and you will not need to add any sugar. Sounds delicious? Well, then give it a try right away!
- Banana pancakes with maple syrup – If you are someone who even craves sweet foods as soon as you wake up, try this awesome breakfast. Just mash some bananas and break a couple of eggs into it. Make the softest pancakes with this batter and gobble them up with some (sugar-free) maple syrup. This is a great option for anyone who wants to satisfy their sweet cravings without consuming even a single grain of added sugar.
- Fig and raisin cookies – Cookies make for a great snack at any time of the day and double up as dessert too. So try these delicious cookies that can be made with just oatmeal, eggs, and butter, along with generous amounts of raisins and chopped figs. The dry fruits add the required sweetness and make these treats healthy as well as irresistible! You can also add walnuts and almonds and make the cookies healthier and tastier.
- Fruit ‘n’ berries cream – Fruits are correctly known as nature’s candy. If you really want an extremely healthy dessert, all you have to do is chop up all your favorite fruits and berries and add some chilled heavy cream on top. This is a dessert fit for everyone in the family, including children.
- Mango slush – This is perhaps the easiest, but definitely one of the tastiest, sugar-free desserts for you to enjoy. Just remove the skin and seed of the mango and blend it in the mixer with a lot of ice. Transfer to a bowl and enjoy! You can make this dessert with any sweet fruit such as melon, jackfruit, papaya, etc.
As you can see, you can satiate your sweet tooth without depending on the unhealthy, processed refined sugars. You can enjoy the above-mentioned desserts without feeling guilty in any way. Give them a try and enjoy the delicious and healthy treats with your family and friends.