The world is always changing. The good news is that you don’t have to be fabulously rich to travel around the globe. Traveling on a budget is the new cool, thanks to vloggers/bloggers. Take the picture-perfect, picturesque, and pretty holidays we see on Pinterest. It is not, however, a piece of cake. Albeit with rising travel costs, there is a level of planning and pragmatic decision-making that can ensure you get the vacation of your dreams.
Here are some super simple and foolproof ways of saving money for travel in 2023-
- Groundwork is godly- You can’t wake up one morning and think to yourself, “Let’s go to Vietnam this month” unless your pockets are loaded. Once you’ve decided on a location, begin gathering information and do intense research for a couple of months about their local culture. Call up your friends and family who have visited the same place in the past. This research will provide you with an idea of their standard of living and the types of expenses you will face during your trip. Thus, providing with you a rough estimate of the money that needs to be kept aside before the trip.
- Fly like a bird- Gone are the days when flying was regarded as a luxury. While flight ticket prices are constantly changing, there are certain times and days when they don’t hurt your wallet as much. The best time to book your flight is Tuesday at midnight. Various airlines tend to reduce the prices of their tickets on Tuesday afternoons. So, if you’re looking to book domestic flights, keep an eye on airline websites during these times to get the best deals. Tuesdays are also the best days to book return flights. It is also good to book tickets in incognito mode because websites tend to store server details and that’s why the next time you visit, the prices tend to be sky-high.
- Holidaying off-season- Going off-season is the greatest decision you can make for yourself when planning a trip. This choice will provide you with an experience unlike any other. Discovering a new location when it is deserted makes you feel like a royal. The streets are yours to conquer, you can mingle with the locals, and there is absolutely no waiting time for any activities.
- Never forget to record your expenses – Keeping track of your expenses while on vacation is a monumental task. This allows you to calculate the amount spent versus the amount remaining. A vacation should not leave you bankrupt or cash-strapped to the point where you have to cut back on basic necessities. Keeping a tab is just fab.
- Walk, walk, and walk-Walking on vacation can be a joyous experience because it not only allows you to discover the city and its best-kept secrets, but it is also good for your health. We tend to overeat during the holidays, but a good walk can help us feel lighter and less bloated. Aside from walking, taking public transportation will save you a lot of money. When you travel with the locals, you get to see the culture up close and personal.
We can now all live the lives of our dreams, traveling to places we never thought possible. Go indulge your wanderlust and treat yourself to a vacation. Because the returns are always high, it is an investment you will never regret.