[pullquote align=right]Probiotics provide an extra layer of strength. They behave like soldiers in your intestinal tract to combat pathogens.[/pullquote]
Probiotics are noting but millions of good bacteria that get together and improve the strength of your intestines. You may shudder at the thought of any kind of bacteria entering your body, but probiotics are indeed the good kind of bacteria that help you stay healthy. Your gut needs the good bacteria to form a balance with the bad bacteria. If the bad outnumbers the good, you will find your health failing. Probiotics are therefore very healthy and you must include them in your daily diet. Read on to know more.
ADVANTAGES OF HAVING PROBIOTICS
1. Improved digestive health: Probiotics greatly help in improving your digestive health. Probiotics work to regulate the enzymes in your tummy and helps in proper digestion. This apart, probiotics also reduce the occurrences of acid refluxes, heartburns, gas and acidity problems.
2. Improved bowel functions: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a painful disorder that many people face. Probiotics prove to be very helpful in treating IBS. Constipation and loose motion is also controlled by probiotics. Since bowel problems such as these are mainly caused by the hyperactivity of bad bacteria in the gut, the probiotics work by neutralising the gut bacteria.
3. Immunity booster: The probiotics also work as a gatekeeper to check what enters your bloodstream. This keeps the blood pure and free from the dangerous elements that cause the various illnesses. Probiotics therefore work to improve your immunity and overall health.
4. Protection: Probiotics protect you against the harmful effects of toxins, infections, cancerous agents and also many disease causing parasites and bacteria. They help the body to flush out the unwanted elements, thereby keeping you fit and safe from many potential dangers.
5. Weight loss: Last but not the least, probiotics have the wonderful benefit of aiding weight loss. Probiotics have an effect on how your body processes the fat it gets from the food. So if you are looking to shed a few pounds, increase your daily intake of probiotics.
FOODS THAT CONTAIN PROBIOTICS
If you are looking to increase your probiotic intake, you could include the following foods in your regular diet:
- Dark chocolate
- Cultured vegetables (like Sauerkraut and Kimchi)
If you cannot find some of these foods, do not worry. Thankfully, these days you get the probiotic supplements very easily in the market. From the probiotic drinks to the health supplements (tablets, capsules, etc), the products are widely available and are very safe to use as well.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Probiotics are super healthy and you must increase your intake of these good bacteria. Dr. Mary Ellen Sanders, a world-renowned scientist, quite rightly said,
“Probiotics provide an extra layer of strength. They behave like soldiers in your intestinal tract to combat pathogens.”
As we can see, there are some very useful advantages of having your daily doses of probiotics. So whether you want them to be a part of your meals or you want to opt for the supplements, make sure you get enough probiotics everyday to maintain your overall health.